Sunday, March 26, 2017

Not a bad month of observing!

Since my last post I have mailed off two sets of observations for observing pins with the Astronomical League. I have mailed off for the Comet (silver) and Binocular Variable Star, now the waiting and the watching of the mailbox starts! Since my last blog post I did receive my Binocular Double Star pin. In the back and forth to the observing coordinator I mentioned if there was any interest in a Binocular Master Observer pin. The coordinator passed that inquiry up the chain so maybe there will be a Binocular Master Observer pin in the future. That would be cool.

In other news I have been still working on knocking out the Double Star pin, I am about at 30 stars completed with the telescope. I am enjoying the program as a whole, but overall I think I enjoyed the Binocular Double Star program more. The regular Double Star does require a telescope and while fun is a little bit harder to do. I also started the Binocular Deep Sky pin, which will be the last binocular pin I will be able to earn easily. There is a Advanced Double Star Binocular and a Southern Skies Binocular either of which would be tough for me to do, being the former requires big binoculars and a tripod and the other a trip to the Southern Hemisphere!

I am also currently reading a book that maybe next month I can post a review of. I also discovered a neat new podcast called WeMartians. It is available on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts from!

So that is all I got for this month, next month or two will have some reviews of books and other things in the works, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment