Sunday, November 9, 2014

A big update! A big update!

So it is has been a while since I have updated the blog. A lot has happened. The LX200 I was using finally died. The RA motor system went out and I decided to part it out. Now today I have a new Orion 8in SkyQuest XT Dob. I am excited to use the dob and am excited that I have a scope that doesn’t have anything electronic to break. I am not going to make this blog a review since it is still early in the ownership, but overall I am satisfied... but there are some items that will be modified.

I have decided to start observing all the Messier objects with it as my first project. I have seen them all once or twice at least in my life but it has been years since I have used a scope without GOTO. I am going to enjoy star hopping and using charts again. I also got a solar filter and completed my first solar disk drawing.

I know I have said this many times, but I am really going to try and make this a monthly blog. I know it will be tough, but I am going to do it. I think making it a goal much like my observing projects will help.

So that is all I have for now but keep checking for there will be updates I promise.

(No really I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment