Saturday, February 22, 2014

Time for an update

Well it has been since last April that I posted a blog. Well in that time I have finished the Carbon Star Observing pin and moved to the Local Group Galactic Neighborhood pin AND the Double Star pin. Both pins of course being from the Astronomical League.

This winter has been horrid for observing. I did get out in January, but it is looking like February is going to be a bust. I was out of work last week only going back to work on the Friday before President's Day. I had Walking Pneumonia. I would not wish that on anybody. Not only did I miss some observing I also missed the Mercedes Marathon here in Birmingham. I have run either the Marathon or Half or Marathon Relay every year since 2005. It was hard breaking the streak.

So hopefully I will get some observing in. I am only a few observations into each pin. Hopefully the weather will get better soon. We have had more snow in the last four weeks then in the last 13 or so years I have made Alabama my home.

So wish me so clear skies and check back soon for some telescope stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment